Your Family Friendly Morning Show

WCSG Listeners Impact Guatemala…

WCSG in Guatemala

… Or more likely, Guatemala will impact us! It wasn’t long after we landed that I was reminded of just how beautiful this country is, especially the people who call it home. It’s great to see old friends who have been with Orphan Outreach since they started sending teams to Guatemala five years ago. I’ve been blessed to be a part of four of those teams and can’t wait to see what God does through our WCSG-assembled group of twenty. We made it safely, even early, on Thursday afternoon. Almost no issues getting through customs and immigration. One bag with supplies was lost, but we hope to get it back soon.

I don’t think we’re experiencing any culture shock yet. How could we after lunch at Pizza Hut and shopping at Walmart? I must admit, at first it didn’t seem like we had left the U.S.  With groceries and supplies gathered, team priorities organized for tomorrow and a nice dinner at our hotel, we’re ready for a restful night!

Please PRAY for us tomorrow (Friday) as we journey to Hogar Solidario. It’s about 45 minutes outside of Guatemala City and home to the 350 teenage girls we’ll spend time with. Pray that through the games, stories and songs we share, they will know Christ’s love better!

For more about our mission this week, check out this story from Mission Network News, and hear the interview HERE. Thanks!  -JB

Check back again soon for updates from the team, pictures and video!

This entry was posted in Mission Trip. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to WCSG Listeners Impact Guatemala…

1. Darla Francis says:

Just want to tell Jessi Shear that I am thinking of her this morning and can’t wait to hear how God will use the team at the girls home today! Go Jessi!!!

2. Jack and Dawn Redder says:

We are praying for the whole team this morning. May God bless you and lives you touch. God gives you the power to change the world, take what he gives you and run with it. Also a special message to Laura, We love you, be a blessing.

3. John and Patty Shear says:

Glad you all made it there ok! Praying for safety as you travel today and for changed hearts! We are excited to hear how God will work through you to accomplish His work! Tell Jessi we miss her!

4. Brian & Marion Noble says:

We finally found the right page and are glad to hear all is going so well. We have been praying faithfully for the mission to be blessed by God. Sarah Noble, we love you, and hope you have the experience of a lifetime!

5. Doug and Julie Drost says:

So glad that you all got there safe! We’re praying that you are all able to be a blessing and be blessed in your work in Guatemala! We love you, Laura!

6. ilyse says:

im praying for you everyday and hope that you are safe.

7. Pam Dornbos says:

I am thankful that you are there safe and that you had a good flight! I heard the interview this morning on WCSG! Thank you for the update and looking forward to hearing more of them! I am praying for the team! please let Stacey Docter know I said hi and that I am praying for her!!!
    Thank you to each one of you for everything you are doing In Jesus name,
    “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21

8. Ross Ulberg says:

Praying for the team, may God do wonders with you all. Glad you made it safely! To Laura, thinking of you and praying for you. I love you babe!

9. Craig Overbeek says:

Praying for you all! Tell Abby I said HI, Love you to!

10. Sean and Katelyn Hamstra says:

Thinking and praying for safety and guidance. May you all touch many lives! Love you Laura! Can’t wait to see you and hear about the amazing time you are having!

11. thinking of all of you this morning, have fun in everything you do in guatemala. you all are such a blessing to give yourselves to the kids over there!!! enjoy every miniute you are there. god bless,and you are in our prayers.

12. Sean and Katelyn Hamstra says:

Thinking and Praying for safety and guidance, may each one of you touch many lives! We love you Laura and can’t wait to hear about the amazing time you are experiencing!

13. Hey Laura,
    I hope you’re having fun!! It sounds like you were going to do stuff with younger kids so i bet you’re loving that because you’re so good with kids. Did the kids like all of the stuff that you gave them it looked like a bunch of cool stuff. I was just thinking of you and i wanted to say that i missed you and i hoped you were having fun. Can’t wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Love Lizzy :)

14. Dan and Lisa Redder says:

Hey Laura,
    Lisa and I are wishing you and the team a great week with smiles and life changing impacts. Don’t forget to teach them some basketball skills, that I am sending via air-mail, and you learn some recipes of food to back with ya. Enjoy the world as I did, the memories will last forever. God bless and can’t wait to hear about this next weekend, see ya soon.