Have you ever tried this? You can make ice cream in a Ziplock bag with items you already have at home.
What you need:
4 quart sized plastic zip bags
4 gallon sized plastic zip bags
2 cups half & half
2 cups heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups salt (rock salt is suggested but if you use regular salt, just use a little less)
1/2 c sugar
gloves/kitchen towel to keep hands from getting too cold
What to do:
1. Whisk sugar, cream, half & half and vanilla together.
2. Pour 1 cup of liquid into each quart sized bag.
3. Put sealed quart sized bag inside gallon bag. You might want to double-bag it all to avoid leaks.
Add ice to the gallon-sized bag – enough to fill it about halfway. Add salt.
5. Shake the bags for about 5-10 minutes.
6. Grab a spoon and eat out of the bag!