Join 2000 churches across North America on Friday, February 23, 2018 for a Work as Worship Retreat, simulcast across the US and Canada, including Madison Square Church in Grand Rapids. Many of us spend little more than two hours of our week at the church building or in a small group. This kind of worship is Biblical and a vital rhythm in the life of a Christian. But during the other 166 hours of our week, we have just as much potential to worship the God who created us. Our time at church and small group should launch us out into the world – which includes the marketplace – prepared to take the hope of Jesus with us. This retreat will help us do just that.
Here are eight key tenets of what you will learn:
1. God designed work before the Fall.
2. We are called to a mission.
3. Church is the people – not the building.
4. Work impacts our perspective on God.
5. God uses work to impact communities.
6. All of life can be worship.
7. We don’t work to earn God’s favor.
8. Work as Worship, but don’t worship work.