12/1/21 - Lawsuit Over Line 5 Pipeline, Dropped

Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 7:59 AM

file photo

Michigan drops an oil pipeline suit and will refocuses on a separate case regarding Line 5.

(AP) -  Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is abandoning a lawsuit aimed at shutting down an oil pipeline that runs through part of the Great Lakes. But she says the state will continue pursuing a separate case with the same goal.

Michigan and Enbridge Energy sued each other last year over the governor’s withdrawal of an easement that allows the company’s Line 5 to run through the Straits of Mackinac.

On Tuesday, Gov. Whitmer dropped the state’s suit, although Enbridge’s case will remain in federal court. The governor said her action should enable a different suit seeking a Line 5 shutdown to move forward.

 

More from State

On Air Now The Ride Home with Zach & Jenna
I've Got A Fire Pat Barrett 5:18pm
Walk With Jesus Consumed By Fire 5:14pm
Encouraging Words From Your Bible

Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

EPHESIANS 4:29 NLT
Family-Friendly Commercial-Free
91.3 WCSG
Grand Rapids / Lakeshore
88.3 WCXK
Kalamazoo
90.9 WCFG
Battle Creek
89.9 WCXB
Benton Harbor